SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is living aboard a Beneteau 430 possibble?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002

pmills42255 is on a distinguished road
Is living aboard a Beneteau 430 possibble?

MaryBeth,
Interesting how you describe the Guinevere,
and the romantic view of her quarters.
Its funny, but sitting on the Port bench in my cabin on the S2 is more enticing then where I found myself in the 430- standing, looking over the table, wondering what, if anything it could be for me!
The practical side of me knows that my efforts to live on a boat, and eventually sail her off into the sunset, require spending time in Upstate NY- Lake Ontario, which is less then 45 minutes from kids, home and work. St Lucia seems far away right now. When the time is right, I will motor the barge canal, and hoist sails in Troy to follow the Hudson River to sea. I had always looked at NY as a barrier to the ocean, now, I look forward to being in her harbor, and the sense of closeness people seem to have now.
Funny, but I read the discussion about all the different boats people contemplate, but in reality, for me around the great lakes, there are about 20 choices, and the one that is right, will, show itself eventually. This fall, I will take the time to see most of them.
Thanks again for your thoughts,
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook