SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raytheon Bidata ST 40
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002

Wega24 is on a distinguished road
Raytheon Bidata ST 40

UPDATE...

I have send several emails to raytheon, with 50/50 success rate. They have a silly system answering to those emails you get back...

Anyhow, I called the guys , they told me to send the transducer in. which I did ( UPS 2 day ) I didnt hear nothing for 10 days, so back to the email.....
Than it all of the sudden came back. Note on the No charge invoice says, couldnt find anything which relates to my description. But they did send me a new transducer at no charge ...

This weekend its going to get back into the boat. Lets see if we can make that thing work halfways correct.

I am amused aout the extra "dummy" transducer plug they have send. did they think I have my boat with duct tape ??? lol

I am not really all that amused to learn that those things dont really work so well... These are not exactly cheap. If tey dont work, than dont sell them , otherwise accurancy is expected ... After all a bicycle computer which measures current speed, trip miles, overal miles, average speed, max speed, clock, riding time, comparison between average speed and actual speed, stopwatch, 2 odometer logs for 2 different bikes, total riding time, cadence... all of this in 6 different languages cost $ 28.00

and not 499 or more ...

Thanks for listening to my rant.
Thorsten
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook