SailNet Community - View Single Post - First single-handing of the new boat: yikes!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007
1987 Pearson 27

Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about Joel73 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog
Joel,
Are you talking about the self-tailing ring? If you are, I had a very similar experience on my first sail with my new boat. Wish I could have channeled Cam for that priceless bit of advice... Lewmar doesn't make the replacement an easy process, at least as far as this 27-year-old winch is concerned. Does anyone have a suggestions as to where a Lewmar 30 self-tailer could be come by? Didn't mean to hijack the thread...
Exactly Sailhog! I have lewmar 30 self tailing as well. I'll race you to the salvage store!

Using the other winch would have worked too i'll bet. Duh... i'm sitting there pulling with all my might and i didn't even think of the other winch. That would have pulled it free i'll bet. Good to know for this coming weekend though because i won't be able to fix it before i take her out again. Of course this time i'll have crew with me. Thanks for the input guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook