SailNet Community - View Single Post - First single-handing of the new boat: yikes!
View Single Post
post #14 of Old 06-28-2007 Thread Starter
Joel73
1987 Pearson 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailhog
Joel,
I pulled mine loose, but sent myself flying down the companionway with the sheet still in my hands. My ass crashed against the stove and I put a nice little gash in my knuckles. My wife was sitting in the cockpit thinking, "Oh, this is going to be nice..."
that's exactly what i was worried about... if i did break it free... that i would topple over the lifeline. I did something very dangerous in my panic which was wrapping the line around my back to get more leverage. Bad idea that could have seriously hurt myself. I knew i shouldn't do that but my adrenaline got me anyway. Of course i had a lifevest on but watching the boat sail away while getting stung by the jellies would have made bad, much much worse! Using the other winch for leverage makes sense though.

Quote:
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome