SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not your typical anchor question
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
If its a next-generation anchor that you're after that you're having trouble storing it you might consider the Mantus which can be disassembled for storage. Since this is a steel anchor it could be heavy and awkward too disassemble and stow with each use. Another option if you consider it a next-generation anchor is the aluminum spade anchor which also disassembles with only one bolt. My last suggestion would be a fortress anchor. As you know the fortress is not a next-generation anchor and is patterned after the Danforth style but the Danforth anchors stow flat nicely on deck it is also lightweight and disassembles.

I think any of these choices would serve you well and remember to always err on the side of more scope rather than less. Happy overnight anchoring and deep sleeping! Once you get comfortable with overnight anchoring all kinds of new boating options open up for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook