SailNet Community - View Single Post - Backordered Item Issues
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2002
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Backordered Item Issues

Shall we just say that the Sailnet inventory system needs some work? if they have it in stock, I get it pronto. But at times, the system says they have it when you order it online, but later it tells you the item is backordered. And agreed, once that happens you never know when it will show up. For example, I ordered some Garhauer snatch blocks from Sailnet (to use a $10 coupon). The system said delivery would be in 5-7 days, no doubt because they have to get them from Garhauer. It took something like 2 months to get them, and of course Sailnet blamed Garhauer for the delay. From now on, I''ll go to Garhauer directly and get it within days.

One last story -- I ordered some green fleck line when Sailnet had a great sail on it. System said it was in stock when ordered, but later it said out of stock. so I called customer service and they sent me blue fleck line instead. Not a big deal to me on the color. But I still get emails from customer service telling me the green fleck is still on backorder.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook