SailNet Community - View Single Post - How does this thing work?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007
Siren 17

danjarch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
Dan-

I have basically that same fixture on my boat, and it is self-priming. It has to be, since the water tanks are generally mounted far lower than it. Most of the manual pump faucet fixtures on boats use a self-priming pump of some sort.

mwrohde-

If there is water in the cooler sump, then the valves are not in the correct positions. You may want to try changing the positions of the valves, after you confirm that the faucet does indeed work. If the faucet isn't plumbed into the boat's fresh water system, disconnect the hose at the bottom and put a temporary hose on it into a dish or bucket of water... and try pumping the handle. If water comes out, then the faucet pump mechanism isn't the problem.
SD, mine is self priming also, but the last owner hadn't used it in so long that every thing had dried out. Once I put about half a cup of water through it, it started pumping alot better. Then quickly caught a prime.
!! WARNING !! The above information is to be used by intelligent people only. If you are Stupid, could be considered a moron, or otherwise. You are instructed to disregard this information and seek the help of a licensed and bonded professional.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook