SailNet Community - View Single Post - What kind of weapon to keep aboard my new dinghy?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
What kind of weapon to keep aboard my new dinghy?

I know there are a lot of experts on guns aboard boats on this forum. I've glanced at a couple threads in off topic. I'm not looking for anything that extreme but will need some form of deterrent when I'm out cruising this summer.

My main concern is my own safety once I get closer to central and then Southern California. That's not to say I can't have issues up in Washington or Canada, but I found people more reserved up there.

Once I get down the coast and the weather warms up, I'm going to be getting more tan and my hair will be getting more bleached blonde. I'll also be riding around with a wetsuit partially rolled down or in surf shorts an no shirt.

My basic human fear is that that the chicks are going to become literally over come with lust and launch a full frontal assault upon me and my dinghy. I'm single handed so I'm no really sure what I can do to prevent this short of the perceived threat of violence.

Thoughts welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook