SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you feel about catamarans?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014

smj is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you feel about catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
European production cats have crossed the pond at least once, for sure...
If you buy one of those new in the US, have they been sailed there or been shipped on the deck of a freighter?

I am confident, that a cat is a marvelous ship all along the barefoot route... But i intend to do cape horn for instance and the very north atlantic route...
I had my knockdown from a freak wave and was happy to sit at the wheel of a mono...
As i said before, cats are good for bay hopping and the one or other idle cruise but not for serious sailing...
And this is no bashing, but a personal preference!

Ah right - i forgot...
I do not own a cat so i am not qualified to have a knowledge or preference... Sorry that my roughly 1000 nm on cats in the atlantic and the med do not count for at least an opinion...
I am ashamed to even have uttered some words - please, web masters delete my unqualified rants.
Now wait a minute, I've got over 1000 miles on a mono and think they would make great day sailers, but full time cruisers? No way!
Now we have over 40,000 miles on catamarans and there's no way I would sail one around Cape Horn.......but I guess I wouldn't sail a mono around the Horn either
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook