SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baja Ha Ha
Thread: Baja Ha Ha
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014

CaptainWabamun is on a distinguished road
Re: Baja Ha Ha

George,

ARRRR....taking another stab...after penning long response last night looks like the gremlins in the system didn't allow the note to get posted. I am on the road for next little bit so no log book with notes in front of me at moment - some quick responses from memory from my mobile.http://www.sailnet.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Boat we sailed the Baja Ha Ha in was a Kelly Peterson 44. Beautiful boat that the skipper had put a lot of great work into over the past year or so since purchase. Improvements inlcuded new motor, radar, chartplotter and electronics to upgrading of rigging, easy release J-shakles, work around a second movable back/side stay for extra strength, removable below deck v-berth inner support stay, taffrail modifications inlcuding lower teak rails with ability to secure potable water container, cooler, outboard motor mount with mini-swivel crane, large easy snap carabiners startegically placed on the boom to enable man overboard retrieval. Have to get back home to see the rest of my notes. Another simple but useful idea I picked up from two of the other crew was attaching 4-5" lanyards with reasonably large beads situated on the harnesss shackle for line to the jack-line ...can imagine the value here if one went to the drink and needed to break-off the jack-line.

I think the Catalina 34 MKII may be one of the few Catalina's I have not had a chance to sail on. Something I may remedy in late May with a possible bareboat charter out of San Diego after a conference I am attending.

Cheers,

Barry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook