SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you feel about catamarans?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014

JimMcGee is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you feel about catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMcGee View Post
As for people on this thread being "touchy", "opinionated" and "spouting off without first hand knowledge" -- you do realize this is the Internet right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicCat View Post
Ummmm no.

Sailnet occupies a unique position on the internet. Young sailors and new sailors pop on here daily, and depend on Sailnet for expert advice and/or instruction. Or haven't read any of the threads?

This my be your "internet" where you feel free to spout off inaccurate information ... but thousands of new sailors depend on this site. If you can't be accurate, why don't you play on your internet somewhere else?
Seriously?

Before YOU spout off I'd suggest you re-read the post you pulled that from (my first on this thread #74). I said I can see the attraction of a cruising cat and that I'd consider one if/when we upgrade from our current boat. I also asked some specific questions about a cat for the kind of coastal cruising we do and got back some good information that answered my questions/concerns (thanks PDQAltair and MultihullGirl).

On the other hand your posts on this thread have all been pretty defensive. Save your flames for someone who deserves them.

As for SailNet having some "unique" place on the Internet you've got to be kidding. On any forum there are trolls (just drop into SailNet's off topic for a while) and there are those who provide good, useful feedback and information. The Mods do a great job here, but not every post is unique or even useful.

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most" - E.B. White
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook