SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you feel about catamarans?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014

smj is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you feel about catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
No, but they stay full during season (are even still full right now) and it also forces you to come in via Sister Creek. That can be an adventure in itself. I just saw a Cat run aground coming in there the other day. The powerlines over the bridge are 65 which restricts access that way too. Sombrero only has one option at the last slip, or they would put you on the wall (yuck!). Dockside does not have any that I can see. Dont think Burdines does either. Marathon pretty much has the market and they know it.

THe point is that slippage can be an issue. It does not mean you may not be able to find one, but it does mean you may have to look a lot harder or pay more. If any of you long term Multihullers have more suggestions for this, let me know. But I realistically need a 26 foot beam (24' + 1' either side) for my 44, and maybe more. THere simply are not many options for this except T Heads or walls or very large slips. Am I missing something?

Brian
Not sure if I know of a different Marina in Marathon that could accept your beam except Marathon Boatyard. But that would be a side tie.
You would be able to haul in Key Largo at the old Boats and Tires.
We've been using Sisters Creek for 23 years, never had any problems and never seen below 4.5-5 feet. There are a couple of shallow spots that you have to watch for though.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook