SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you feel about catamarans?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Re: How do you feel about catamarans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
i'd say a 100% of all the boats in ireland, england, scotland, norway, sweden, germany, netherlands, belgium, etc bb - just to name a few...
and most of the french boaters located at the atlantic coast...

all of those are sailing not only well north 45° but also in the northern atlantic which could really turn into a nasty affair...

holy crap - just looked at the map...
i had no idea, that the US is that far south... i mean - 45° N is right at the canadian/US border on the east coast... wow
no wonder you get the impression that 45° N only a minority of boaters are actually sailing...
45° N here in europe is at the height of bordeaux in france...
even the northern part of the adriatic reaches further north - rovinj in istria, croatia is further north...
Agreed, and you support my point , in a sense. The North Sea has no reality to me. Coastal shallow and warm protected waters do.

The point I make is the tool should fit the job. A deep-draft 50-footer can't go most places I do, and it's way more work to sail. And if I were sailing somewhere else I'd get a different boat. But I would not feel the need to have one go-everywhere, do everything boat, because it does not exist, either among monos or multis. This is not a multi vs, mono conflict, not at its heart.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook