SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you feel about catamarans?
View Single Post
post #120 of Old 03-13-2014
Re: How do you feel about catamarans?

Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
i'd say a 100% of all the boats in ireland, england, scotland, norway, sweden, germany, netherlands, belgium, etc bb - just to name a few...
and most of the french boaters located at the atlantic coast...

all of those are sailing not only well north 45 but also in the northern atlantic which could really turn into a nasty affair...

holy crap - just looked at the map...
i had no idea, that the US is that far south... i mean - 45 N is right at the canadian/US border on the east coast... wow
no wonder you get the impression that 45 N only a minority of boaters are actually sailing...
45 N here in europe is at the height of bordeaux in france...
even the northern part of the adriatic reaches further north - rovinj in istria, croatia is further north...
Agreed, and you support my point , in a sense. The North Sea has no reality to me. Coastal shallow and warm protected waters do.

The point I make is the tool should fit the job. A deep-draft 50-footer can't go most places I do, and it's way more work to sail. And if I were sailing somewhere else I'd get a different boat. But I would not feel the need to have one go-everywhere, do everything boat, because it does not exist, either among monos or multis. This is not a multi vs, mono conflict, not at its heart.

(when asked how he reached the starting holds on a difficult rock climbing problem that clearly favored taller climbers - he was perhaps 5'5")

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome