SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baja Ha Ha
Thread: Baja Ha Ha
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
Re: Baja Ha Ha

Zee, I’m offended! And worse than that, my beloved “Freya” is offended! She is indeed a CATALNIA 34 MkII. She even won the Catalina 34 Nationals in 2002. I have competed against CAL 34s from time to time in PHRF racing and trust me, no comparison. Not only do the Cals have a higher rating, I have been able to prevail, at will, on corrected time. Catalina 34’s are a Gerry Douglas design dating from the mid 1980s.

Captn Wabamun, my Catalina has been a wonderful boat. But, being on the smaller scale, doesn’t have the tankage I’d like for a year in Mexico. I am working on a Starboard backerboard between to stanchions that I can strap a pair of jerry jugs to. I am also trying to figure out a way to “affix” a “luggage rack” across the coach roof so we can store a rolled up dinghy. Most of what you mentioned we have already done to the boat so we are well on our way albeit, our punch list is a little long, but I still have two years before 2016.

Zee, all kidding aside, I do have a couple of Mexico cruiser questions. How do you do oil changes down there? How do you dispose of the used oil?

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook