SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boston Whaler Harpoon 5.2
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002

themorinfam is on a distinguished road
Boston Whaler Harpoon 5.2

Yes, I have sailed the Harpoon 5.2 for 21 years. My parent''s bought one for the family to sail on a small lake and I still have it today. I have sailed it on Lake Washington (Seattle area...of course) and on Puget Sound in very heavy winds. The wide beam and self-bailing cockpit are marvelous. I''ve had the priviledge of using it''s "unsinkable" construction quality many times over the years. If you need any help rigging the boat or need to know part numbers, location of lines, etc... please don''t hesitate to ask. I would even be happy to send you detailed digital photos via the web. This is the ultimate family day sailer. Don''t hesitate to purchase one, you won''t be dissapointed. As a side note, Whaler struggled for the first several years with it''s gel coat on the Whalers...especially with blisters on the bottom. They told us several times that they "were really suprised", but I''ve met several other owners who had the same problem. Just take a peek under the boat for a look. Blisters can usually be ignored on the Harpoon, just make sure they are firm to the touch.

Regards,
Jesse Morin
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook