My boat displaces 75,000 lbs and stays on a mooring for most of the year. The pennants that I use have been configured in the exact same way as yours. The important things to consider are:
- Make sure you inspect the pennant carefully every year.
- Remove the pennant for the winter.
- Make sure you have good chafing gear on the spots where the line rubs, especially against your chocks. That is the place it will most likely break in a bad storm.
- Get good advice about chafing gear. After using old fire hose, I replaced it with stitched leather this year. I believe that leather is the best material to use. Fire hose isn't a good idea because it can build up heat that doesn't get released quickly.
- Replace the pennant if you see any signs of wear.
My boat has been on my mooring for 4 years now. I replaced the chain this year and the line attaching it to the buoy. The pennant is still good and will last at least another year.