SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Big Freakin' Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I'm not suggesting the quality takes a movie crew. I'm saying the professionalism of the segments, combined with the sponsorship of Lee Sails and Boatoons.com, make me find it hard to believe they would have all signed up for a vid blog of a random nearly abandon boat in Panama.

I'm guessing they all knew exactly what they were getting into and the trials and tribulations were projected to make good drama. So, I may be saying the segments on "I may give up" could be staged a bit.

Anyway, I still find it very entertaining. Good on em.
If you look at the timeline on Facebook, you'll see that the boat acquisition video that was posted on Youtube in late August actually had stills posted on Facebook in March (and may have actually happened even earlier than that). So at that point, there was actually a 5+ month lag between the events that occurred and the slick videos that were posted.

It makes me wonder how much raw or produced video was already "in the can" before it hit YouTube.

Corporate sponsors often want to know what they are getting into before signing on. "Near random" rarely gets funded. I suspect they went to the sponsors with footage in hand.

I realize that the tools for professional quality video editing are easily accessible. But I also realize that accessing audio loops and other resources is easy if you have high speed data connection, but not so sure that shoreline towns in Panama have that available. (Maybe some of the cruisers here can let us know.)

Purely speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that we are watching events that occurred many months ago, and they're dribbling them out on us in a methodical fashion to maximize the dramatic impact. Does Panama have any seasonal changes to their botany that might show up in the videos? It's still enjoyable to see the videos, but their professionalism makes them look sort of like reality TV.

I think Nike's background is brand management and social media marketing. So it would appear that she knows what she's doing with that part of the venture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook