SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stupid Boat Tricks
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007

arbarnhart is on a distinguished road
I didn't think of the Super Bowl comparison. I read it in an article about kegs being sold for scrap; people leaving a $10 deposit and then finding out it is worth 4 or 5 times that at a scrap yard. It was mentioned in that article; one reason for the industry pushing that story out now was because so many kegs would be disappearing on the 4th. Just as an aside, what they mentioned in that story is that forfeiting the deposit does not make the keg yours; it is still illegal to sell it. Anyway, that is what I read, but I am now venturing into guesswork of my own - Super Bowl parties run about 6 hours, don't have quite the broad spectrum appeal, the party goers aren't out in the hot sun and there is a lot of wine and mixed drinks at Bowl parties that aren't as legally portable as beer. By legally portable, I mean in most states you can't carry open containers like a corked wine bottle or a liquor bottle with the seal broken. Getting a cold one out of the cooler is just more of a Summer thing. But that last bit is guesses.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook