SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miller 28 and Quanta 28 -- need info
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007

Jobrooksail is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlamont
I am boat shopping -- replacing my recently sold Trintella 29, which has gone to a fellow with more time and woodworking skills than I. Top choices right now are two Canadian built boats -- a 1972 Miller 28 and a 1986 Quanta 28. These were built by long-gone companies and I am starved for information.

I know the owner of the Miller but I know nothing about the builder, the reputation and attributes of the design, etc. Can anybody out there help with information, links, etc? I would be most grateful. The boat seems well equipped but has an old raw water cooled Volvo engine, which probably accounts for the modest asking price. I haven't seen her yet but I'm told she's full keel, which doesn't square up with the only description I found on Yachtworld for a newer model Miller 28.

I am also interested in a 1986 Quanta. The asking price on this boat is triple the older Miller but she is essentially fresh and ready to go. I have read some impressive early reviews of this model. Anybody out there had any personal experience with a Quanta 28 they'd like to share. The engine is only 9hp pushing 7000 lbs of boat and that concerns me a bit.

Any insights on these vessels would be most appreciated.

Thanks

I'm late. Just joined.
There is a 1974 Miller 28 for sale in Latitude 38 Sep. issue magazine plus picture showing the full keel. I too like it's looks and that has led me here for more possible info on it. 12hp Yanmar diesel. Latitude 38 has a web site that that could possible show you the ad.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook