SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stupid Boat Tricks
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007
TKE

kreinestja is on a distinguished road
Lasso

4. "Don't yell at your wife. Sorry guys but too often I see a lady who clearly does not know what she is doing...trying to lasso a piling or hold a boat"

I was thrilled to see the above post. I am one of those women who clearly does not now what she is doing when it comes to those lasso's. Most times, I just have to jump off onto the dock and there are cleats waiting for me. We recently visited a marina were there were a few young men waiting for our arrival. They grabbed the lines that I tossed and they did an interesting cowboy-lasso move, that resulted in the lines lassoed around the piling. This technical is unfamiliar to both my husband and myself. The highlight came, when it was time to leave and we had our boat attached to four pilings with no help in sight. We ended up pulling away with our lines still attached to the pilings and the other end in the water.
I would be very grateful if you could share the secrets of this technique, especially the secret to getting the lines off the piling with me not falling in the water.

Thanks in advance,
JK
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook