SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Big Freakin' Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstern View Post
She's clearly not alone on the boat, at least when some of those shots are taken. The camera moves to follow her, so unless she has some very sophisticated automated equipment, there's a cameraman aboard. And I echo the thoughts of the others who suspect that there's a lot of professional help involved here; that or she's unusually adept at video editing and has the necessary software and equipment aboard to do it herself.

All that being said, I'm hooked too.
Some videos were done with her boyfriend or sister holding the cameras, or with cruising partners that were mentioned in the chronology. Some others were selfies, or staged with the camera sitting or mounted. I have not noticed any videos that would have to be done by another person where she claimed to be alone. So I don't think that there's anything untrue or misleading about her statements so far, aside from the fact that some of the very first videos may have posted months after they happened.

On a separate subject, what is the additional boom shown angling down from her mast onto the foredeck? At first I thought it was a spin pole, but in some of the shots I see the spin pole mounted vertically on the mast in additional to this additional boom. Then I thought it might be a Hoyt boom, but it does not appear to be secured properly on the foredeck, and all of the sailing has been done with a typical genoa. So what is it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 03-16-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook