SailNet Community - View Single Post - Antigua to St Barths
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007

courl is on a distinguished road
Hi Tomaz 423!

Thank you so much for the quick and comprehensive feedback! We will definately consider some of your points! The reason for doing the passage at one shot is the lack of time, we thought to spend 5 days in Antigua, 2 St Barths, 2 St Martin (flying back from St Martin). Though, i have to admit barbuda sounds very tempting, as in BVIs Anegada is my favorite.
What do you exactly mean with challenging clearing out of Barbuda?

We have been sailing for past 3 years on Christmas in BVIs and I have to say i can't recall a day with less than 20 - 25 knots. Wouldn't mind to experience that for once, but obviously not when doing a longer passage.
My biggest concern is about our 2 guests (first time sailing) and their reactions to high seas and swells. Have no experience myself in this, was it really horrible with those N swells???

As regards to Moorings, yes, we do have an opportunity to use sister weeks, the problem though is that we have used them up for this year (Australia) and have already planed some next year in La Paz and Med. From my end long passages are definately not part of fun, the guys claim though they enjoy it...

Appreciate your feedback very much and wish you a pleasant day!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook