SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc11 View Post
I really miss Perry's contributions.

Where did he go, now that he's destroyed the single best sailnet thread.....
Noone destroyed this thread. From what I understand , Paulo had been asking for total control over "his" thread for quite some time, meaning control over who is allowed to contribute, and what is posted. Obviously, that is not what Sailnet is all about, and they rightfully denied Paulo those privileges. (Moderators, please jump in to correct if I see this wrong!?)
Then came a disagreement about a very uninterresting boat from a below quality producer and the fuse somehow got lit (unnecessary namecalling did not help this either).
The outcome: Paulo now has his blog, where he can be In total control over visitors and comments. Just as he wanted. All is good!
And he can blame it all on this disagreement, rather than the preceeding powerstruggle with the mods for the thread. Perfect! Scapegoats found!
I will certainly miss his contributions, but not his bullying behaviour and inability to admit when he is in the wrong.
As Faster said, there is no reason to not keep posting here about new, interresting sailboats and having a healthy exchange about them.

Last edited by bjung; 03-17-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook