SailNet Community - View Single Post - Active Captain question
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Active Captain question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
I agree. Jeff is certainly a character. In my interactions by phone, e-mail, aboard A Capella, and at gatherings elsewhere afloat and ashore I have never seen the sort of behavior attributed to Jeff. Based on sheer volume I accept that there must be something there but it is outside of my experience. He can certainly be sensitive and get defensive. He feels strongly about what he does. He has built a good business where the customers he is passionate about (cruisers and other boaters) get a service paid for by someone else (marinas and other businesses).

There are businesses I won't use because of ownership. I can understand that some might feel that way about ActiveCaptain. There are lots of alternatives to Dominos for pizza (for example) but no one else provides the service--for free--that ActiveCaptain does.

I think Jeff and Karen are great people. People I think highly of don't agree.
Ausp - have you not read his posts here? No "attribution" necessary. Those are his words. And they are words you can read yourself - which is not "outside your experience". Anyone can read them.

Do you really think he was banned unjustly? Do you really want to give the guy a pass this strongly? Why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook