SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are they cracking down in SF?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007

oceansea is on a distinguished road
I dont know myself. Have never lived there, and am only beginning to feel the urge to acquire a cheap ( - $5000 ) boat to liveaboard after saving even that much ( unpredicatable, low income being student and selfemployed ), so have no firsthand experience.

However, i was at the Berkeley marina again on july 4th, walking around the docks. Met a boatowner with slip for his houseboat, who said he had to move out because his boat was technically classified as a houseboat, and it was not allowed to be there. If i understood him correctly, he had lived there in that boat for at least a couple years without problem up until now.

Sad that some people and governmental drones think making life harder and more expensive for people is something worth investing time and energy into.! Life should be allowed to be also affordable and liveable for even those whose passions, focus, contributions and creativity is not as monetarily rewarded as other focuses in this society which are arbitrarily valued financially more, rather than making it increasingly difficult and financially out of reach for people.

Anyway - i dont know if its a trend.? Hopefully not.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook