SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help me find a 40-ish foot pilothouse
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Help me find a 40-ish foot pilothouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
What I am looking for seems really rare..... Strange, there is lots of sailing to be done in areas where one might want to steer from indoors....

The Septre looks like it does have a wheel down below, but you'd have to be standing on the couch to steer from it. Now that's strange.... I was hoping for something with a seat, a wheel, and maybe even a place to put a chart. I'd like to steer from the pilothouse often, rather than once in a blue moon.

Many of the other contenders like the brewer look great, but fall down with the prospect of where to put the kids. A V-berth and a double berth would be adequate, but the brewer doesn't have a traditional V berth but rather an angled double. I doubt two boys would want to actually share a bed for several years. I also don't want to be turning a berth in the salon into a bed and back on a daily basis for years, so pilot berths and the like aren't much help either. Another option would be a v-berth and 2 quarter-berths.

I should also probably say that my wife and I haven't agreed on a budget exactly, but I know for sure it's below $150,000. More likely 1/2 of that....

Keep 'em coming. I know someone knows of the perfect boat!

MedSailor
In my searches I've found little in the way of pilothouses... but here is one if you haven't seen it yet in your search...

1988 Slocum 43
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook