SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeway View Post
All you've really done is lose a massive amount of 'clicks' and therefore revenue.

Been a lurker around here for ages and you could really do with getting rid of Bob, he acts like an ass. Basically he has a grudge against Paulo. He has hurt pride. "Butt hurt".

I like Paulo's new blog but it just isn't the same sense of community from reading this thread for so long.

Although, I think you could do with having some thicker skin, Paulo. If you ignore a bully, eventually they get bored and move on.

Thanks for your contributions.
Almost everyone who was contributing / participating on this thread is doing the same on Paulo's blog, including me. So while it would be nice to have some of the Sailnet forum features on Paulo's blog platform, I imagine that the overall experience will improve as he gets more familiar with the blog capabilities. So don't let minor inconveniences keep you from participating on the new site, Causeway.

While I understand the Moderators' dilemma, it's still rather astonishing how such a rich and heavily-trafficked forum thread was allowed to vaporize in the blink of an eye. Ultimately, as in any "dog fight", the best strategy is to forcibly separate the dogs and keep them apart. To my mind, this could have been accomplished quite easily, though it might have required a bit of effort on the Moderators' part. But, after all, it's just an Internet forum, not the Ukraine.