SailNet Community - View Single Post - Knots: Extension Lanyard
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Chris-

could you post photos and say what kind of boat it is.... IMHO something is a bit out of whack if the headsail sheets are getting trapped by the lifelines at the winches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvy
Yes...Thanks very much! Probably no racing...at least in the immediate future until I can figure out a long term (and race legal) solution to this lifeline problem. The headsail sheet gets pinned between the lifeline and the winch right now...if I leave them as is, I wouldn't stand a chance on course! I have to push the sheet down and pull it sharply back up when releasing.

Thanks for the heads up!
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook