SailNet Community - View Single Post - small and comfortable and bluewater.... can it be done
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007

jasonwillis711 is on a distinguished road
small and comfortable and bluewater.... can it be done

I look @ the benateaus and Im like it looks comfortable and nice... but many on here treat it like a 2nd rate citizen so Im gonna take the word from many that have more exprience than me and avoid the stepchild... so im looking @ the bluewater boats (tartan, cape, island packet, bristol, alberg, sabre) they seem narrower ( which i understand is better for ocean crossing) im looking for a world cruser in the 35-40' range that gives me a bit more than a v berth when on the hook... isalnd packets got some nice stuff with a master stateroom but as you all know that price is for the rich and famous...

Ill be specfic what used older boats that are bluewater capable that are comfortable ( more than a v-berth) maybe a full bed??? i m doing this with my wife and want some comfort @ port... correct me if im wrong but how does a cpl sleep omfortably in a VBERTH for months??!!??? im not picky i live a very modest life and realize that worldcrusing on my budget will be modest @ best but V_Berth.... seems brutal

budget is 75000 all in refit and all
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook