SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014
Bring On The Wind

CatMan22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
I have used alternators which I got for free out of scrap piles.
OK, enough is enough. I have read every freaking post on this thread since inception and have laughed at the banter and groaned at the sometime childish slander of other members, but "scrap piles" really. This thread started out about pros and cons of steel boats and now has turned into the maritime version of American Pickers. I mean I have read about park benches, recycled cabinets, steel and wood scrounged from construction sites and now scrap piles, give me a break. Do the world a favor, go off on an extended cruise with no wifi or means to communicate and give verbal dissertations to the locals on how they too can circumnavigate if they just visit the local refuse center and stock pile another mans unwanted items. But short of that, leave the I can build a boat out of your unwanted crap off this thread, because personally if i wanted to sail a garbage scow I'd just put pontoons on a dumpster and call a circus company and ask them for their trashed out tents and make sails out of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"hark, now hear the sailors cry,
smell the sea, and feel the sky
let your soul & spirit fly, into the mystic..."
Van Morrison

Last edited by Faster; 03-21-2014 at 07:36 PM. Reason: fixed quotes