SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Not sure at all why it has to be "us and them". I appreciate BS boats for what they are. But BS seems to think we should all embrace them as the universal balm for all sailing needs and furthermore, if you don't buy into that then you are stupid. He also endows his boats with powers they simply do not have. That gets a wee bit weird sometimes and given some of his claims I feel my intelligence is insulted when he expects me to buy his drivel. His grasp of the technical side of yacht design is at best tenuous and at worst dangerous. I applaud BS's ingenuity and resourcefulness but the end product does not interest me at all. But that's just me. If you like the result then I do not see that as any kind of character flaw or failure. Different boats for different folks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site