SailNet Community - View Single Post - living aboard Annapolis area
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014

slipslidingaway is on a distinguished road
living aboard Annapolis area

So this will be my first time living aboard a sailboat. I've been checking out marinas in the Annapolis area and so far I think I liked Eastport Yacht Center best. The available slips though are kind of exposed. Am I making a big mistake taking a slip that is exposed at the mouth of Back Creek? I am going back next week to check out a few more marinas. I will check out Butlers to see if they have a slip, and Annapolis City Marina. Butlers seems more sheltered of course. I don't have too much of an issue with movement as long as it isn't excessive, but I'm wondering more about storms and winter cold. The sailboat I bought (a Hunter 380) has just reverse cycle heat and air. Anyway I would appreciate any input from you veterans who have done this. I looked at Ferry Point, but it might be a little too quiet and remote. Spending a little extra isn't really an issue for me. Not that I'm loaded, but I'd rather spend a little more and not have a bad experience my first time. I checked out Port Annapolis and have no issue with the $8,000, but it just felt too big. Just didn't get a good feeling. Anyway thanks for any insight in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook