SailNet Community - View Single Post - Practical Sailor magazine
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014
1982 Skye 51

obelisk is on a distinguished road
Re: Practical Sailor magazine

I think that PS is a fantastic resource. Though I am getting a bit tired of the seemingly endless anchor comparisons that pop up every other issue and the bottom paint article every spring, for my $14 per year it is a steal. I had no idea that my fiberglass Lite Cylinder propane tanks had been recalled until I read it in PS. Not every issue addressed an issue that is relevant to me and my boat but when they do, I have found them most helpful. You can complain all you want about their testing methodology but, bottom line, they are using a methodology and putting equipment through the paces--a whole lot more reliable than what Joe Schmo from down the dock gives you when he tells you that a Spade is better than a Rocna/Manson is better than a CQR is better than a Bruce is better than a Fortress/danforth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by obelisk; 03-23-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook