SailNet Community - View Single Post - I finally did it now lets see what equipments I should consider
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007

Borvaprops is on a distinguished road
I finally did it now lets see what equipments I should consider

Hi everyone. I would like to tell you all that I finally did it. This past saturday I purchased an aloha 28 a Ted Brewer design. I chose this boat after lots of research and I feel that this boat will be ideal for what I am looking for. I'm waiting now for the survey which is happening on Monday and if everything is ok I shall have a boat. I am going to live aboard in Toronto. The boat does not have hot water, no heater, very limited electronics, no fridge (ice box only). I would like to know from the more experienced sailor/liveaboard what should I consider. Since the boat came at a very well low price well under my budget I still have money left over for the upgrade. This is what I was considering: Heater, Cozy Cabin Propane by force 10, electric or propane water heater? propane stove or keep the alcohol? what about fridge? I want to install a propane system since propane is cheaper than electricity, considering a locker and all lines from WM. Anyhow as you can see I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure where even to begin. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm willing to spend another 2-3K in upgrades.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook