SailNet Community - View Single Post - I finally did it now lets see what equipments I should consider
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Borva...congrats and good luck.
If you are proposing to live aboard in toronto in the winter...the first thing you should concentrate on is insulating your hull as the moisture in winter will be miserable otherwise. I think it makes sense for you to put together a propane system for your boat with the cozy cabinheater as the first piece but the system designed for plumbing in an LP stove in the future. You can certainly live with alchohol for the short term and I would suggest you add an electric water heater and AC electric to the boat if you will be living dockside. You can then run an electric cabin heater as well as water heater as needed rather than leaving propane turned on when you are not on the boat. Anyway...those are a few thoughts. May I also suggest you join the live aboard mailing list as there used to be some toronto folks on there that might be able to help you make the right choices. The list is hosted out of the U of Toronto!
Mailing List Archives
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook