SailNet Community - View Single Post - kiwigrip photos at last
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007
Seinor Member

capn_dave is on a distinguished road
Here is the Comparison of nonskids

Well I didn't forget the pic's and now I am going to try to post them here. I have been cruising and this is my first attempt on this site. I might need someone's help.

This is the Duraback coating. This was applied 3 months ago and is white (there is nothing wrong with my camera) Like I said it attracts dirt. The boat has been in the yard for a refit.

This is another shot of the Durabak. The edges are coming up. I don't know if it was applied correctly or not. I do know the owner used the special primer. This product is great at hiding imperfections.

This is Awl grip with sand. The owner said it was allot of work, as the surface has to be prepped to hide imperfections and requires 2 coats. I also have heard the paint will wear and then you have the sand showing.

This is a shot of the Kiwi stuff. Owner was very happy with ease of application and the results. It is also good at hiding imperfections.

Here is another shot of the Kiwi grip

It kinda looks like rolled gel coat and has a nice feel. How long it will hold up is another question. I contacted them and I was told about 3 years in heavy traffic areas.

The last pic will be of the Interdeck. seems it wont come through on this post. look for part 2

Fair Winds

Cap'n Dave
capn_dave
View Public Profile
View User Page
Send a private message to capn_dave
Find all posts by capn_dave
Add capn_dave to Your Buddy List

2 Days Ago - [add post to favorites]
Hyperion <****** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_165236", true);
Scourge of Howe Sound

Thanks for the pics. I will now be trying the Kiwi Grip on the Harpy.
Hyperion
View Public Profile
View User Page
Send a private message to Hyperion
Visit Hyperion's homepage!
Find all posts by Hyperion
Add Hyperion to Your Buddy List

2 Days Ago - [add post to favorites]
capn_dave <****** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_165238", true);
Seinor Member

PART 2 pic's of the various nonskid coatings

Here is the interdeck. It dosen't cover blemishes in the deck well. It has a good feel, seems to good underfoot. I haven't tried it while wet.

I hope this helps. So far I am impressed with the Kiwi Grip product.

The ease of applying was most impressive, followed by the look and feel of the product. Durability is still the question.

Fair Winds

Cap'n dave

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook