SailNet Community - View Single Post - "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014
Possibly improving

Fau is on a distinguished road
"The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."

I don't buy it. I just don't. I bought my first sailboat 2 years ago right after taking a couple of lessons on a flying scott. It is a 27' O'day. It isn't the ugliest boat in the mooring field but it is no where near the prettiest. I think about that boat every day. When things are hectic at work or a day is particularly frustrating I think to myself that sailboat is waiting in the mooring field a short 12 minute drive away. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday but I freed up a couple of hours to dinghy out to the sailboat, cast off and go up and down on the Intercoastal a couple of times. I really enjoy singlehanding the boat as I believe it forces me to get better and quicker at everything. After a relatively brief sail a got it back on the mooring and went home. I felt great the whole rest of the day and most of today just having spent some time sailing her this weekend. Sailing is a tremendous experience that seems to lift my spirits long after I've finished and I've gotten my money's worth out of that boat many times over already.

Thanks for reading