SailNet Community - View Single Post - "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-24-2014 Thread Starter
Possibly improving
"The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."

I don't buy it. I just don't. I bought my first sailboat 2 years ago right after taking a couple of lessons on a flying scott. It is a 27' O'day. It isn't the ugliest boat in the mooring field but it is no where near the prettiest. I think about that boat every day. When things are hectic at work or a day is particularly frustrating I think to myself that sailboat is waiting in the mooring field a short 12 minute drive away. I didn't have a lot of time yesterday but I freed up a couple of hours to dinghy out to the sailboat, cast off and go up and down on the Intercoastal a couple of times. I really enjoy singlehanding the boat as I believe it forces me to get better and quicker at everything. After a relatively brief sail a got it back on the mooring and went home. I felt great the whole rest of the day and most of today just having spent some time sailing her this weekend. Sailing is a tremendous experience that seems to lift my spirits long after I've finished and I've gotten my money's worth out of that boat many times over already.

Thanks for reading

Do or do not... There is no try.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome