SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Yeah, that German boat is beautiful, Stunning? Maybe. But you know what they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and my client loves his boat. That was my goal. We were not trying to reproduce and antique, just the feel of some of the old boats.

I originally drew Frankie with a defined curve to the top part of the mast, like some of the square meter boats. But the sailmakers hated it. I liked the look though. I got voted down on that detail when we found a Farr 40 rig was almost identical to what I had drawn and there were two used Farr 40 masts available. In retrospect it was a very good decision.

Very interesting headstay struts on the German boat. I have not seen it quite like that before. Not much supporting the top of that mast athwartships.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site

Last edited by bobperry; 03-26-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook