SailNet Community - View Single Post - "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."

I would not even look at this thread for sometime because I did not like the idea. Now I am happy to see it is not at all what I was thinking. A lot of you feel and act the same as us. It is not something one can explain. sailing must be done before you comment. If you did not sail the boat you might be happy to sell it ?
My wife cried when we sold the sunfish. It was replaced by the FJ. The sunfish stayed until the Catalina came to the yard. I know one of you will tell us to get more yard ? Then a real cruiser will tell us to sell the dirt and get more boat. We have a two boat limit. 3 is over the limit. The canoe is not a boat. So it is always safe. It was the right thing to do selling the sunfish but it was not a happy day. Buying also brings all kinds of emotion.
Our dreams may take us beyond the new to us Catalina-22. For now the FJ is semi safe. I am prone to think the sale day will not be all smiles.
Kind Regards, Lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook