SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galveston Bay and South Sailing
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 07-15-2007 Thread Starter
KBeazley
KBeazley

Fellow Sailors:

Each reply is worth much so thank you. This past weekend I went on a discovery journey to Kemah/Seabrook and found some great information which reinforced what you have posted.

Josh Johnson a CPYB at Sea Lake Yacht Sales met with me, shared a map (note gave) of Galveston bay and then showed me several places to sail to.

Check out their web site sealakeyachts.com for a link to useful destinations on Galveston bay or his sailboatcorner.com for helpful information.

Watergate marina is a very nice facility with many inexpensive transient slips. To launch I discovered the North end (Seabrook side) of the 146 bridge between Kemah and Seabrook has a nice launch ramp (Texas Parks and Wildlife) and paved pull through parking under the bridge. It is clear of over hanging obstacles so set up of a trailerable sailboat like my Catalina 250 WB is easy and safe. Another ramp and parking facility that is fenced, gated and secure I discovered through Josh, was not in on the weekend so I do not have their particulars yet; Gulf Coast Sailing Center.

Also, he directed me to North Upholstery who make really good looking bimini tops, sail repairs, modifications and such.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome