SailNet Community - View Single Post - "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014

Location: Central New Jersey, sailing on the Navesink River and Sandy Hook Bay mostly.
lillia28 is on a distinguished road
Re: "The 2 happiest days of a boatowners life are..."

Not to say that buying and selling boats aren't happy and exciting days, but the happiest? When folks ask why you sail, do you tell them about the day you bought the boat? For me, it was the weekend both kids were home from school, and we all went sailing, and had lunch drifting. After lunch my daughter took the helm, my son was napping below, my wife was reading a magazine and I had nothing to do but relax. Or that beautiful sun set we watched on the mooring. Or the time, well you know what I mean. Sure there is a large nugget of truth in "the hole in the water", and "standing in a cold shower tearing up $100.00 bills" or in "the two days", but unless you bought your boat to impress clients or dock mates, I suspect that for most of us, the happiest days have nothing to do with the business ends of boat ownership. I think if you use the search function you will find a lot of threads about buying boats, and some about selling boats, but the word happiness is not frequently used in those threads. That must mean something.
Lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook