SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank32095 View Post
Bob, Checked out your site and your little house design and thought you might be interested in the little house I am building on one of my favorite spots in the rainforest overlooking a waterfall on a farm I own in Costa Rica. About halfway completed and quite the challenge as you can imagine.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Spec...House/10913389
This is one of the coolest examples of sustainable architecture I've seen in a long time. Systemically, it's actually very much like a sailboat. Brent should actually appreciate something like this from his environmentalist bent.

I was a bit skeptical of the foundation system at first - but then saw that it was inspired by wind-turbine foundations. Very cool.

How did you execute the foundation on the one you're building shank? And what have been the biggest hurdles in building it?

One of the huge red-flags to me is the vertical order of the bio-digester and rainwater tank. That's a bad day waiting to happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40