SailNet Community - View Single Post - BoatBound?
Thread: BoatBound?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014

hangupndrive is on a distinguished road
Re: BoatBound?

I have owned a charter boat in Seattle for 7 years. Boatbound is an interesting concept frankly, I haven't crunched the numbers. 35% may be OK. I dont know. My commercial yacht insurance alone is $1500 per year. As I read their agreement, this is covered by them so, this needs to be considered.

There are other things to give one concern. They say they pre-qualify renters/charterers however they don't say how. If you "google" "boat rental Seattle" or "boat charter Seattle" boatbound is not to be found. So, I don't see the marketing value to folks who don't already know about boatbound. Next is the lousy website. I tried to contact owners through the "contact owner" selection. wouldn't work with my iPad. I tried on my laptop and the website generates a message telling me to update Internet explorer. Not to wise to limit the marketing demographic to folks who only have the latest version!

Like I said interesting concept but the initial exposure is far from inspiring confidence. I would love to hear from a boat owner who uses their services. Pm me.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook