SailNet Community - View Single Post - safe cooking
Thread: safe cooking
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: safe cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredop View Post
I guess the point becomes that there are a variety of safety hazards onboard. You could sink, catch fire, receive a blow to the head, inhale toxic gases or choke on a olive. I think the danger of propane is very low compared to the other dangers onboard. Propane has a distinctive indicating smell and with certain precautions can be handled safely. An accidental jibe because of a wind shift has more potential to injure myself or my guests. If the world scares you, stay home.
a person could use that argument against a person that thinks a motor is a necessary piece of safety equipment on a sailboat. do you happen to have a motor?

and, i'm willing to bet you have the usual boat load of technological gadgets on your boat. sailing without GPS and all the rest just wouldn't be safe, would it?

but, because i want to choose the safest fuel to use in my bloody stove that means i am too scared to sail so i better pack up and go home?

to quote don casey: "On a boat, LPG is also, by far, the most dangerous cooking fuel. "

check it out:
i built my own chopper. it has no front brakes. no rear shocks. a rake of 50 degrees. and a right hand suicide shifter. i love to ride at beak neck speed on twisty roads. i'm not exactly a timid guy. however, i'm not dumb enough to stick a hand grenade up my butt, with the pin pulled, and ride down the road hoping my sphincter can hold the lever in so it doesn't blow my a*# off.

give me a break.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook