SailNet Community - View Single Post - Uh oh... What sailing sounds drive ya crazy?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
That would be the friendly sound of an intruder. Now, at dark30, it sounds like some escaped-from-hell deranged killer that just boarded your boat. Demons, red eyes, fire flowing... you name it.

But I am the leader of our household. I am the master. As such, the protection of my family and our boat must go above my own life. Thus, as I recall now, I crept out of bed and snuck to the companionway steps. The hatch cover was down so I could not see out. I carefully reached over beside me and grabbed a very deadly weapon from which to protect my family - that would be the teak flag pole (with flag still attached). If I could not kill the SOB, maybe I could at least make him salute me and get the upper hand.

Slowly, I pulled back the hatch. Scratch... fludder... they heard me!!!!

I jumped up the steps, threw back the cover, and pounced into the cockpit ready to face my intruders. FLUDDER-FLUDDER-FLUDDER things flew all around me. And as I luckily kept the crap in my drawers, I identified my intruders:

Ducks, or geese. I don't know.

Funny now. Wasn't then. Maybe I should send this one to Latt & Att, eh??

(SMILE)

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook