SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014

jtsailjt is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

I happened across this boat when I recently visited the yard in Delaware where my boat is stored this winter. I kept walking by it and it definitely caught my eye even though my taste doesn't usually run to anything quite this modern looking, so I asked the marina owner about it. He said it was a custom build, designed with a kevlar sandwich hull designed to not be holed even if sailed into a reef at 6 knots. Who knows if it can actually do that but apparently it's a very ruggedly built hull and I found the listing on yachtworld to look at the pictures. I just bought a Tayana 47 and am happy with that so am not in the market for a boat, but if I was looking for a 50'-55' boat for long distance cruising, I'd want to take a really good look at this one. It's different, but I think interesting.

I tried to post a link but don't have enough posts to be allowed to do that yet so if you go on Yachtworld and look up an Atlantis 56' sloop in Delaware I'm sure you'll find it OK. What are your impressions?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook