SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: safe cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Sounds like a great summer!
It was. I cherish those memories still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Does it really take that much longer? Origo claims 7000 BTU, and I just looked up my home Frigidaire gas range and it say 9500 BTU for the standard burners (not counting my favorite burner, the Power Plus 17000 BTU), so by those numbers it should only take about a third longer to reach boiling. Doesn't seem like a big deal.

My butane camping stove is also 7000 BTU and for some reason it seems faster that the regular burners on my home range. Maybe my patience is better when I'm in the great outdoors
What I remember is 15 minutes or so to the start of perking and then 10 to 12 minutes to the right color in the glass knob. On my current propane cooker with the same percolator it takes about five minutes to the beginning of perking and 8 minutes to coffee. 13 minutes compared to about 26 minutes is a difference.

I simply don't believe 7000 BTU for an alcohol burner. I don't see how the heat of combustion supports that. Admittedly I haven't run numbers. If you can point me to specs I'll follow up with the manufacturer and see if they'll support side-by-side test.

The difference between butane and propane is only of interest in very cold weather. Otherwise it's the same stuff.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook