SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sugestion for a first boat Cruiser and Racer?
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007

dumbguy is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming the greatest protection from the cored deck is a quality survey of such a boat...(in regard to it having issues)

I showed the boat I linked above to the GF and she was prety happy with that price range... would something like that be a reasonable price for such a boat? Would I still probably be looking at 10-20% in upgrades and such?
http://classifieds.atlanticcanadaboa...uery=retrieval

I'm still kind of torn as I'm new and all to sailing, weather to continue to learn on someone else's boat for another season... not that I can't probably hop on another boat if it beyond my capabilities on a rough night...

Anyone have any thoughts on the "size" of boat to buy as well? jump into a bigger boat that I could plan on having for a couple years or a starter boat I would be flipping in one or two... and obviously I know I don't want to get too over my head for my first boat.

Thanks for all the feedback folks...

Last edited by dumbguy; 07-20-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook