SailNet Community - View Single Post - safe cooking
Thread: safe cooking
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014

christian.hess is on a distinguished road
Re: safe cooking

I could never get a ROLLING boil on my pop down alcohol wick stove...a nice simmer yes...but I could barely do so on a propane range

not a force 5 but some cheap 3 burner oven combo

in any case it was fine for coco, coffee, ramen any canned soup...etc

there are tricks to make any stove and any fuel be hotter for example

on any open flame burner by making a shield out of copper preffereably that tightly surrounds the base of the pot or pan you increase the heat a lot, especially since wind and or cold air will not push away the flames

they sell kits for example for paella cooking tripods when used out in fields and this keeps the flames going nicely

just a thought for those of you with "low" btu burners...

same for ovens

by reducing the size of the inside area with heat resistant material or even using thin flat bricks as a hot plate you can mantain a much better heat and steady temp as well as decrease fuel consumption

cheers dudes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Islander 36 refit still going on...

Last edited by christian.hess; 04-02-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook