SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2014 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: 2014 Sailing Season

I am on the hard still, and blocked in by two large powerboats. Between work and evening commitments, I've only been able to find hour-long slivers of time to stop by the boat on the way home from work. Monday I pulled the cover. Yesterday I scraped off all loose bottom paint. Today I applied sand-free primer to the bare spots, followed by bottom paint on those spots once the adhesion promoter was tacky. Weather permitting, I plan to polish the hull in a couple sessions this weekend, in between other stuff.

I hope to launch on Friday, April 18, but with 10 days of travel between now and then, I'll have very little time to wax the hull, raise the mast, and test the motor. If I miss my target date it will be another week delay because of unfavorable tides at the sling lift. And if the big boats blocking me in don't splash first, I will continue to be blocked in. It's a private club, so they will not launch a boat without the owner present, and the owners tend to run and hide if they're not ready to launch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook